Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Meals

So I'm going to try this whole weekly alliterative post thing. On Monday I'll post a yummy recipe that I made the previous week - not promising that I won't post recipes other days, but at least once a week I will. It will help me keep track of our favorite meals, and hopefully give some ideas to other people.

Anyway, Saturday, Sean was paint balling for a bach. party all day, and I hung out at home, got my hair trimmed, and got some other things done. I was watching tv that morning and a pizza commercial came on. After that, I didn't want anything else for dinner. Not wanting to go completely off the deep-end, I decided to get us some Boboli's with toppings so we could make our own. I did splurge a little though because I really wanted garlic brand, so I made an adaptation of these, mainly because they looked really easy to make. The only thing I did differently from the original recipe is used the crescents instead of breadsticks because I couldn't find them at my grocery store. I must say they were delish, and just as good the next day with my leftover pizza!

Garlic Knots

Ingredients
3-4 garlic cloves (the orig. recipe calls for chopped... I used the mincer on my garlic press)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil (the orig. recipe calls for fresh, but I just decided to reach into my spice cabinet)
1 teaspoon dried parsley (again the orig. calls for fresh)
1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (orig. calls for breadsticks)

Directions

- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter, garlic and olive oil on high in 30 second increments until the butter is melted. Stir in basil and parsley
- Unroll dough, and separate. Twist each individual crescent (or breadstick) into a knot and place in an ungreased 9in round cake pan
- spoon butter/garlic/herb mixture over the knots
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment