Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

I hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July. Our weekend was very busy, and yet I didn't take 1 picture. I really need to get better at that! Friday afternoon some friends came over and hung out by the pool and then we rode our bikes to a nearby Sushi restaurant for dinner. Any of you who know me know that I'm not a fan of raw fish, but I do like a crunchy roll, or something where everything is cooked- at this restaurant I get a tiger roll, which is like a California roll but with avocado and cooked shrimp on top with eel sauce- YUM! 

Saturday day we went to Home Depot, went to the local gun range, and then hung outside by the pool- it was a beautiful day! That night our friend's Kevin and Karla came over for dinner then we met up with Chris and Courtney at Brix wine bar in sunset beach. It was fun- Kevin and Karla live in San Diego so we don't get to see them that often- it was great to get together! 

Sunday we went to church in the morning and then went to my brother's now house in Long Beach for dinner. It was delish- he BBQ'd turkey burgers, and I made some of our family's Bossanova Beans (ironically these were a 4th of July Staple for years- how appropriate!). 

Monday, Sean had to work unfortunately. I went to brunch at our friend Brandi's house and got to spend some time with two of my favorite little guys, Noah and Dean, as well as their wonderful mom Lindsay! Then I somehow managed to lift my beach cruiser into the back of Sean's truck (hello muscles!) and went to Josh's house. Josh, Nicki and I rode our bikes to 2nd street, walked around, had some Lebanese food at Open Sesame (now I have the desire to try to make some pistachio Baklava - it was delish!) and I even bought some Garlic Olive Oil from We Olive (Sean and I had some that we used when cooking veggies and were so sad when we ran out. The cool thing about We Olive is that you can buy a bottle, and when you're done with the oil you take it back and refill it!). Then I stopped by the station for some yummy pulled pork sandwiches and to switch Sean's truck for my car. I picked my friend Heather up from the airport, but had to take the dogs with me (hence the car switch) because Ace is terrified of the fireworks. I think the 30 or so minutes we spent in the car the way to and from the airport was the only time that he had relaxed all night. Heather and I got to catch up, drink some wine, eat some cake, and watch TV. All in all it was a great 4th of July weekend! Sorry for no pictures, I promise to get better at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment