Monday, October 17, 2011

Eat Your Veggies...

This weekend was a fun, eventful, busy weekend. But not busy in the way where you feel exhausted, busy where you feel like you did a bunch of amazing things, and look back on Monday thinking, I wish that weekend could have lasted longer! Friday night was an impromptu date night. We decided last minute to get tickets to see Shrek the Musical at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. We ate dinner first a delicious little gourmet pizza place nearby called Pizza Ortica. We experimented with some Bruschetta that had ground lamb, white beans, and tomatoes- delish! I had some yummy raviolis and Sean a pizza. After dinner we walked over to the Performing Arts Center.
excuse the crappy phone quality and bald head in front of us, it was the only picture I had of the night

I love anything live- musicals, dance performances, music, anything. Shrek was too cute and kept the audience laughing the whole time- kids and adults alike!

Saturday my mom and I did a quick stop at the fire department's open house to say hi to Sean who spent the day cooking up a boatload of hot dogs for the kiddos and families that came out to see the station. Then, my mom and I explored a nearby home goods store, and went to see my cousin Elise's soccer game. It was great to hang out with my mom and Aunt Kathleen whom I adore, but don't see enough! Then I whipped us up a yummy dinner of halibut in a tomato and artichoke broth with a side of onion potatoes and salad.

Sunday we tried to go to church but got all discombobulated with the service times (they recently added a service, and this weekend was baptism weekend, so times got all switched up and changed up again). So we came home, Sean went surfing and I went and bought some veggies for our at home veggie garden I'm going to attempt. Sean built these awesome planters for me, so we'll see if my green thumb kicks in! I bought strawberries, lavender, red and orange bell peppers, scallions, chives, and seeds for carrots and mixed baby greens. A little herb garden portion and more veggies to come.
strawberry jar

lavender and red bell

Orange Bell and Chives and Scallions

That night we went to a friend's 30th birthday and had a great time with friends, eating some delicious carne asada steak tacos and too many desserts including cookies, avalanche bars, and Sprinkles cupcakes. Sunday ended with happy memories and full bellies! Here's to another week.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend! Our garden is just starting to really get going...everything tastes so great when its home grown! Good luck and let me know how the strawberries grow because I would love to have them at home too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds, I can't wait to eat from my garden! I wish it would all grow faster! I will definitely let you know about my strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete