Friday, June 17, 2011

Feel the Burn Friday

OK, so although Friday is a great way to start the weekend - no work (unless you're starting your own business, then you kind of have to work when you have time), hopefully lots of sun, relaxing, and in this case a Dodgers game for Father's Day. But what a better way to prep for the weekend then to Feel the Burn. I've decided on Friday's I'm going to try to review a different workout or different studio - basically let you know how I felt the burn that week. I'm going to try to try something or somewhere new every week. Since I just decided this after my last workout, I'm going to go ahead and review something that isn't exactly new but that definitely gets my muscles burning and shaking.

Barre Class

I'm not going to lie, although during the moment my muscles start burning, and aching, the sweat starts dripping and I close my eyes thinking, how much long can I do this and then the instructor yells out "Ten More! 1...2...3....." At that point I think, "okay I got this..." Having been a dancer all my life, when I first started taking barre classes last December, I thought that it would be tough, but should come relatively naturally to me.... WRONG. Although some of the moves become more doable as I get stronger, I never cease to be sore the next day. After going relatively regularly- for me I try to make it one to two times a week, I get excited as I see results, and feel the class do what it claims - Lift, Tone, and Burn.

The class starts with a short warm up, then we move to abs, arms, thighs, seat, more abs, back, and then finally and thankfully, stretching. It's definitely a great class. Don't be scared if you haven't taken a class before or feel out of shape. There are people of all fitness levels in the class, and the instructor always gives variations on the moves, and even the fittest students have to take a break some times. For me, the thigh dancing always kills me. My thighs start burning and I fear I may never walk again.

Definitely a great class! Now what will I try next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment