Friday, June 24, 2011

Feel the Burn Friday

So this week for my "burn," among my normal workouts and classes, I tried out a class at an SPX Pilates studio. Ironically enough it's right down the street from my house, so a couple months ago I bought a coupon for 4 classes, but have been too intimidated to try it out. Since I wanted to do a weekly workout review, and Sean and I are doing our own little "Lifestyle Challenge," I finally got the courage to try a class out. I walked in a little nervous - I've done mat Pilates before, but I've never taken a class using the reformer.... let  alone the Megaformer as the site boasts. There were only two of us in the class, which I would have thought would make me more nervous- hello all eyes on the newbie, but it actually made the class much better because the teacher was able to focus more on me, and fix any alignment/technique issues.

The class was HARD. I thought I was in shape, but apparently, I'm not as in shape as I though. The Megaformer makes you not only work your muscles in a familiar way - the plank, plie, crunches, squats, etc- but you have to move the machine, or keep the machine still while you're doing it. My muscles were burning, and I was dripping with sweat, but it was a GREAT workout. You feel good after (even though I'm wondering if I'll be able to walk/let alone move), but the only thing I wish was different was that there was a little stretching after working your muscles so hard.

Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment