Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lifestyle Challenge

Last week Sean and I decided to have our own little "Lifestyle Challenge." We have a pretty healthy lifestyle normally: we try to make hearty, healthful meals at home and work out on a regular basis. However, we decided to take it up a notch. Our main goal is just to have a more healthy lifestyle, that we take more of a conscious effort in. Part of our conscious effort has been to include more Paleo foods in our weekly meals. Last night, Sean was working, so I was on my own for dinner. I normally don't like cooking for just myself because it takes so much more time, and there's no one to share the end result with. Usually I eat leftovers from the night before, but since we didn't have any leftovers because we went out for Sushi on Monday, I decided to try to find myself something quick to make. I found this recipe for Warm Arugula Salad. I must say that there is nothing better than the smell of cooking bacon and onions (except maybe if there was garlic too). I followed OCCaveGirl's recipe, except my chicken was cold, so I heated it in the pan with the bacon, shallots, and walnuts. And I must say, the balsamic vinegar on top gave the whole salad a really nice flavor. Leftover's for lunch!

It's more fun to cook when you have a glass of wine!

warming the chicken...

bon apetite!


No comments:

Post a Comment