Thursday, June 16, 2011

Welcome Back

Okay okay, I know I've been a HUGE slacker, but let's try to get back into this whole thing. I've decided I'm going to get back to blogging and start sharing some of my favorite things with you. So what's been new recently? I've quit  my job and am starting my own insurance agency - AKS Insurance Services, LLC. My agency focuses on insurance for fitness studios and fitness instructors, so I've also started a blog for my business. The blog is sort of a repository for business recommendations and insurance considerations. Having been a dancer for most of my life, and lover of fitness classes, I have been able to gain a lot of insight into what goes into the business. I hope to offer some good advice for all aspects of having a business in that industry and not just for Insurance.

Enough about that, what else is new? Well Sean and I got a second dog - Summer. She's such a little Velcro dog and absolutely the sweetest thing. Her and Ace get along great and I think it's really been a great thing for the two of them to have each other to play with and keep each other company.


How could you not love this face?

I think those are all the biggest changes in our lives. So back to some of my favorite things. Yesterday we celebrated an early Father's Day celebration since Sean is working on Sunday. We had some of our favorite people over: My parents, Josh and his girlfriend Nicki, Sean's dad John and his girlfriend Catina,  Theresa, two of our best friends Eric and Lindsey, and their adorable little boys, Noah and Dean. We had homemade pulled pork sandwiches with homemade cole slaw for dinner, and not so frozen banana "ice cream" for dessert.


This isn't from last night, I forgot to take pictures, but you get the gist. The only difference from the one I made yesterday is we used thinner buns.


And this is how the "ice cream" should have looked. But it didn't freeze long enough and was more like a "ice cream" shake. There's nothing ice cream about this: it's over ripened frozen bananas, blended with just a touch of fat free milk to help it blend, and some honey, with sugar free cool whip, and some honey and chocolate drizzled on top, YUM!

On that note, I still have some in the freezer, so I think it's time for an afternoon snack.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment